Coffee & Chocolate pairing with Macarons
Time & Location
About the Event
For this event, we partnered with Jouer to raise the bar (and the cup) on what a combined experience of coffee and chocolate could be.
Our experts from both sides have come together to create four unique combinations of coffee & chocolate, together with Jouer's stylish macaroons. In this workshop you will learn how a professional coffee specialist brews a cup of coffee and how we think about designing a pairing of flavours that cross paradigms. You will also taste these four curated combinations, with a guided tasting to experience them fully.
The selected pairings are:
1. Sourdough chocolate x “yun yang “ coffee x ovaltime macaroon
2. Sichuan chocolate x citrus berry coffee x Horlicks macaroon
3. Original chocolate x Osmanthus Honey coffee x Chinese ginger and vinegar macaroon
4. Osmanthus chocolate x Garland blend Coffee x mango pomelo macaroon
5. Blossom chocolate x Chenpi (Mandarin Orange ) coffee x Chinese ginger and vinegar macaroon
Jouer, a classy cafe and patisserie in Wan Chai by pastry chef Anne Cheung, are well known for their creative yet traditional macaroons. In this session, each pairing of coffee and chocolate will be accopanied with a macaroon especially selected to create a wider experience of flavour.
Beside Conspiracy's own Amit & Celine, this session will be guided by the highly regarded Celia Wong: International Coffee & Beverage Specialist,
Authorized SCA Trainer (SCA Coffee Diploma), Specialty Coffee Association.
World Siphonist Championship | Head Judge
China Siphonist Championship | Chief Head Judge
HK Barista Championship | Sensory Judge
HK Brewers Cup Championship | Sensory Judge
Licensed Q Grader | Coffee Quality Institute (CQI)
Cup of Excellence Cupper | Alliance of Coffee Excellence (ACE)
- Coffee, Macaroons, Chocolate$580$5800$0